Nabby - a different kind of baby monitor

Friday, 27 September 2013

When you have little ones chances are you spend a lot of time with your baby monitor. It sits near the table when you eat dinner, you watch it from the shower, it's there on the patio table in the summer when you're having an alfresco drink.

Our trusty monitor has worked fine by and large but I was interested to receive an email about Nabby - a new baby monitor that works with your smartphone. I'm a little bit tech wary so I wasn't sure initially whether it was going to be too complicated for my little brain.

A happy sleeping babe...



You download the app from iTunes (if you have a iPhone), charge up the Nabby and connect. It's very easy, so easy in fact I wasn't sure if I'd done something wrong ha!

Like most monitors you can keep an eye on the temperature in your baby's room as well as monitoring the sound and you can select how sound sensitive you want it to be.

I think this is probably going to be the future of baby monitors. It's a lot less ugly that conventional ones and the battery life is far better (70 hours).

Obviously you need an internet connection and bluetooth switched on but since most of us use monitors at home that works just fine. And it's handy having it all on your phone, you can be on Instagram and Nabby alerts you like a notification saying 'Amelie needs your attention!' in addition to that cackly sound you get when they cry loud enough.

What comes up on your phone when your baby cries...



All in all I liked it especially since it has super low radiation. It's weird when you're used to these 80s looking like monitors but I can see myself using it all the time now.

You can read lots more about it here if this has your interest piqued!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...